Cathy Byers, RMT was called to the practice of massage therapy by an “aha” moment in 2008. She left a fulfilling 13 year career as a social worker and adolescent counselor to follow this calling. Whether it is a full body relaxation massage, a pregnancy massage or a massage to treat a particular condition, Cathy is grounded, present and intentional in her practice. This is a testament to the restorative gift she offers her clients.
Cathy balances her massage practice with her other nurturing role as mother to her active son, Ridley. During the development of Spring Massage Therapy, Ridley then age 6, suggested that the business be named “Star Wars Massage Therapy: The Empire Strokes Back.” Despite Cathy’s decision not to go with the Star Wars theme, Ridley is proud to state that he was the first official client to receive a massage at Spring Massage Therapy.
- Diploma in Remedial Massage Therapy from the 2200 hour training program at MH Vicars School of Massage Therapy
- Certificate in Pregnancy & Post-Natal Massage. 35 hours of training with Mother Wellness.
- 50 hours of training in Zero Balancing, an innovative body-mind system of hands-on therapy developed by Fritz Smith, MD.
- Registered Massage Therapist with the Massage Therapist Association of Alberta (MTAA)
- Membership establishes Cathy’s competency in ethics, anatomy, physiology, pathology, assessment and massage treatment protocols.
- May 2011 to present, RMT & owner, Spring Massage Therapy
- September 2009 to May 2011, RMT at Maximum Health Massage Therapy in Calgary